Saturday, 5 December 2015

Week 16: Uniting Nations Day...

This week we saw our UWC mission made visible in the vibrant and glorious celebration that is our Uniting Nations Day.   Once again, our lives have been enriched by sharing the wonderful cultural diversity we have in our school. 






It really was a very special day and thoroughly enjoyed by all.


Freddie:  I most liked the Food Festival.  I liked that there was so many different foods.  


Eva:  I liked doing the performance.  I liked singing the songs because it makes me sing even better.  

Jimena:  I liked seeing my mum at the Food Festival.  


Sarah:  I liked doing the singing because I was having fun.  We all wear clothes from different countries on Uniting Nations Day.


Nitya: I liked going on stage and the Food Festival, because we got to sing, I like singing.  


Ayaan:  'We are children of the world…,' I liked singing that song.  I like the song because it says 'we are children' and I am children. 


Zi Ching:  I liked singing and doing the performance because I love to sing and I sing at my house.  


Malik:  I liked the Food Festival because I liked the food and seeing my mum.  


Stanley: I liked the Food Festival because you get a lot of food.  


Ariana:  I liked doing the performance.  I liked seeing my mummy and daddy. 


Cruz:  I liked the Food Festival because I got to eat ice blocks.  


Yash:  I liked the Food Festival because I liked eating all the food.  


Shashank:  I loved singing the songs and eating the food.  


Jasper:  I liked that my parents came to watch me.  I liked the United Nations’ food and I liked the songs. 


Euan:  I liked having a lot of food.  We had it because people can get together and have a celebration.


Ameyaa:  I liked dressing up because everyone was wearing something different.  I really liked it because also, to me, it looked like a rainbow on the stage.  


Coralie:  I liked the singing because I like to sing at my house.   


Nozomi:  I liked the Food Festival because there were a lot of mums and we got to eat food.  


Link:  I liked trying different types of food. 


Jasmine: I liked the UN day because I like trying all the food.  





























 






























Cooking... a HUGE thank you to Eva's mum for making fruit tarts with us this week - they were absolutely delicious! 


We celebrated three birthdays this week!  Happy Birthday to Ayaan, Cruz and Ms Diany :-)


Mr Carrot and Mr Fly... these two are off on another adventure - safe travels!  


Notes and Reminders:
  • Parent Teacher Conferences this Wednesday, so no school that day for your very important little person.
  • Carols by Candlelight:  Wednesday, 9 December, 6:30-7:30pm, Main Plaza.
  • We have our class/grade End of Term Party on Thursday - please come along and join us, but don't forget your dancing shoes!
  • Toys from the Heart - please see the K2 Newsletter for details.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Team K2JuC



No comments:

Post a Comment